Year after year, Laboratorios Viñas walks the solidarity path. We are proud to be one of the longest-standing pharmaceutical companies in our country, a benchmark in research, development, manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceutical products, medical devices and cosmetics.
Laboratorios Viñas is firmly committed to society to offer products of the highest quality. To do this, our proposal and values strive for excellence in health, innovation, quality, ethics, social commitment and sustainability.
We work to ensure that more and more people worldwide have access to health and the treatments they need. We are committed to staying connected to the world through health and solidarity.
Once again this year, we have participated in the Humanitarian and Emergency Aid Fund (HEAF) managed by Farmamundi, which supplies essential medication, food and healthcare for victims of humanitarian crises and natural disasters.
We have collaborated with UNHCR, the Red Cross and Farmamundi to assist with the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine, helping displaced people, helping to improve the mental health of those affected by the war and assisting thousands of Ukrainian families arriving in Spain.
In cooperation with Cáritas, we continue to help people in situations of social exclusion.
Thanks to the commitments we have made with the other organisations with which we collaborate, we managed to:
- Offer food to vulnerable people through the Fundación Banco de Alimentos.
- Carry out key activities to fight cancer with the Fundación Técnica y Humanismo.
- Support social and research projects in collaboration with Magic Line by San Juan de Dios.
- Encourage female talent through professional guidance with the Fundación Esclerosis Múltiple.
- Support vulnerable young people through the Travesía Social Solidaria Pirineos.
- Help to improve resident and displaced people's living conditions in the North Shewa region in Ethiopia with Amref Salud África.
- Assist with the charitable work of the Spanish Society of Primary Care Physicians (SEMERGEN) in Cameroon. Strengthen women's role worldwide with OXFAM Intermon.
- Control and prevent cutaneous and mucocutaneous leishmaniasis in the indigenous communities of the Bolivian Amazon rainforest together with the Fundación Piel Sana.
- Improve nutrition and food security in Girón (Ecuador) with the Spanish Society of Outpatient Paediatrics and Primary Care (SEPEAP).
- Uphold the right to education for preschool children in India with Sonrisas de Bombay.
Because fighting climate change is an obligation and task for everyone, at Laboratorios Viñas we focus our actions on the future to move towards achieving the 2030 Agenda of the United Nations. To do this, we work to implement policies and strategies that reduce our environmental impact.
These measures include:
- Reducing of the environmental impact of our processes and products.
- Optimising resource consumption.
- Raising the awareness of customers regarding the correct management of pharmaceutical product wastes, and product packaging.
- At our Rubí facilities, implementing an environmental management system based on the UNE-EN-ISO 14001:2015 standard. You can see the environmental policy here.
We collaborate with our suppliers in protecting the environment and complying with applicable environmental requirements.
Implementing measures to respect the environment is one more way to care for our surroundings. Laboratorios Viñas' objective is to take care of people's health, and this involves caring for the environment and being respectful of and sustainable for the planet.
With our participation in these projects we contribute to the fulfilment of the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDG):