At Laboratorios Viñas, we have been researching, developing, producing and marketing pharmaceutical products for 110 years to respond to society’s needs with new therapeutic solutions. Likewise, throughout our history we have carried out different projects in line with our commitment to people’s health and well-being, which goes far beyond our business activity.
For this reason, Laboratorios Viñas focuses its actions on the future to move ever closer to the 2030 Agenda.
For more than 10 years, we have been members of the Farmamundi Emergency Fund, which supplies essential medicines, basic food and health care to people who are victims of humanitarian crises or natural disasters.
We collaborate with the Spanish Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (AEDV), the Spanish Society of Outpatient Paediatrics and Primary Care (SEPEAP) and the Spanish Society of Primary Care Physicians (SEMERGEN) to fund projects aimed at improving the health of the most underprivileged.
With Cáritas, we help in accompanying people in situations of social, economic and labour vulnerability.
Thanks to the commitments we have made with the organisations we collaborate with, we have succeeded:
- Together with UNHCR, in protecting and helping refugees in Ethiopia.
- Along with the Fundación Banco de Alimentos, in supporting the supply of food to the most vulnerable.
- In collaboration with Cáritas, in covering the basic needs of people in vulnerable situations.
- Together with Farmamundi, in improving the prevention and response capacity of the health system in Kenya.
- Along with Amref Salud África, in accompanying and ensuring the right to health of women of reproductive age in Senegal.
- With Sonrisas de Bombay, in helping in the fight against COVID-19 in India.
- Together with the Fundación Técnica y Humanismo, in attending to the social and psychological aspects of those affected by cancer in Spain.
- In cooperation with the Red Cross, in combatting the effects of the eruption of the volcano on La Palma.
- In participation with the San Juan de Dios Foundation, in helping the Magic Line project fight for a fairer and more supportive world.
- Together with the Adecco Foundation, in helping women at risk of exclusion to find a job.
- In collaboration with Transpirenaica Social Solidaria, in routes to promote social inclusion and young talent.
At Laboratorios Viñas we strive to translate the environmental awareness of our company into action. Because fighting climate change is everyone's obligation and task.
Implementing measures to respect the environment is one more way of taking care of what surrounds us. In our case, these measures are specified in:
- Reduction of the environmental impact of our processes and products.
- Resource consumption optimization.
- Consumers' awareness about the correct management of pharmaceutical products waste, as well as their packaging.
- Implementation of an environmental management system according to the UNE-EN-ISO 14001: 2015 standard at our facilities in Rubí. You can consult the environmental policy here.
We collaborate with our suppliers in protecting the environment and complying with applicable environmental requirements.
With our participation in these projects we contribute to the fulfilment of the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDG):